Hello, I’m Karen (42), passionated professional photographer, in love with all kinds of minimalistic beauty.
I’m intrigued by natures beauty, by movements, macro-details, soft colors, whites, …. and love early music (mediaval, renaissance and baroque).
The largest chambers in my heart are inhabited by my golden retriever Hebe and my godson Klaas.
‘Following your heart’ for me means to be outside with my camera. In the silence of the countryside, the fields, forests, mountains, at sea, in the mud, among animals…
I love to be outside before the break of dawn, in the fields, surrounded by silence, and then freeze the moment to put it on photograph.
With my work I want to make the unseen visible, and let people feel the magnificence of nature. I love to create minimalistic images with an extra touch of beauty.
* Oct 2020 = 2X Bronz Award, Category ‘Pets and Animals’ and ‘Creative’, Rise International Photography Awards, Australia
* July 2020 = Top 25 in ‘Open Category’ in The Pet Photographer of the Year, Australia
* July 2020 = Nominée in ‘Pets & People’ and ‘Open category’ in the Pet Photographer of the Year, Australia
* Oct 2019 = Nominée in the 14th Black & White Spiderawards, USA
* July 2019 = Nominée ‘Pets & People’ and ‘Open category’ in Pet Photographer of the Year, Australia
* summer 2018 = exhibition at L’été des portraits at Bourbon-Lancy, France
* 2016 = Winner ‘Price of architect jury’ in Archifocus contest
* 2016 = Selected for team Belgium at the World Photographic cup with dreamscape ‘Horebeke my hometown’
* summer 2016 = exhibition at L’été des portraits at Bourbon-Lancy, France
* Oct 2015 = EP – Certificate by Federation of European Photographers with 6 landscape-images
* 2013 = Bronze award ‘nature photography’ – NVB (federation of professional photographers Belgium)